La Mia Famiglia

La Mia Famiglia

Just a tad about me

My photo
God's child. Nick's wife. Roman, Dallon & Rocco's mommy. These are the things I would never change.

Popular Posts

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Hard Head

Thursday, February 18th at 11am I answered the phone at work, "Good Morning, First Baptist Church Hilliard." "Becky, I've had an accident, " said Mom. "Oh no, Mom! Are you OK? Is Rocco OK?" "Yes, but I think I need for you to come home and take me somewhere. I've fallen on the back porch and hit my head," said Mom. "I'll be right there!" I exclaimed. When I got home Mom had a big knot on her head that stuck out about 1 1/2 inches. Seriously! It was huge!!! Rocco was asleep in the car. She had gone to the post office, gotten home & decided to take some things inside then come back out & get him. On the way in the house she stopped at the garbage can to throw away her junk mail, turned around and tripped on the wagon handle. It all happened too fast and she did not use her arms to break her fall, she landed directly on her face! If she had used her arms she probably would have broken them! We loaded up in the car & took her to the closest ER, Fernandina Beach, about 40 minutes away. Well, we could have gone to Folkston, GA 10 min. up the road but it's not recommended. On the way to the hospital Rocco woke up and said, "Mommy, why are you in Gammy's car?" He knew I was supposed to be at work and he had no idea any of this had taken place. By the time we got to the hospital her swelling had already gone down significantly. We were blessed to get right in and get a friend from church (Barbara Stokes) as her nurse. They did a catscan and no breaks or internal bleeding/damage. God had truly used his angels that day as cushioning for her. It couldn't have been so much worse. If you know me then you know I played out the different scenarios in my head. 'What if Rocco had woken up, gotten out f the car & found her on the ground passed out ot worse, dead.' What would he have done?' I normally don't come home for lunch on Thursdays because I eat with Dallon at school but was running home at 12pm this day to grab a lunch Mom was making for me. (Sweet, I know.) Anyway, glad none of that happened and Mom was OK! They released her from the hospital telling her that there are rare cases where the internal bleeding doesn't show up right away and gave us a list of things to watch out for. This scared me because I remember what happened to Liam Neeson's, Natasha Richardson wife last year. I prayed for the best and trusted in the Lord. On the way home we stopped by my sweet friend Pam's to pick up Roman & Dallon, they had walked home with her boys since we weren't back when school got out. They weren't happy because they had just finished homework & hadn't started to play yet. While they were getting their things together Pam told me about a friend of hers that had been in a car accident and sent home with the same list of things to watch for. HE DIED THE NEXT DAY!!! WHAT?! Oh my gosh!! "Lord, I am really trusting you will heal Gammy!!" Mom knew she would get black eyes over the next few days. She looked much worse than she felt. Her body was more sore than anything over the next few days. It's been two weeks and she's all better now but here are some pictures from those days.
Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Day 6

Thank you Jesus for keeping Gammy safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment