La Mia Famiglia

La Mia Famiglia

Just a tad about me

My photo
God's child. Nick's wife. Roman, Dallon & Rocco's mommy. These are the things I would never change.

Popular Posts

Friday, February 20, 2009

Educational oppurtunity for teachers

I am posting this for one of my most favorite people!

The Division of Forestry sponsors a week long event known as the teacher's tour- it is held in Fernandina and the recipients spend a week at the Hampton downtown with field trips everyday regarding forestry issues- The teachers see everything from pulp mills, logging, prescribed fire to private land owners in clay county- all with the goal of showing teachers how important forestry is and ways they can incorporate that into their classroom-

I am giving the link below to the application

http://www.floridastateforests.org/calenderofevents.html

Please pass it around to ANY teacher you know. They prefer science/math teachers but there is really no one requirement- they have accepted anyone from elementary to high school, in subjects from art to science. It really is an awesome tour and the teachers get all kinds of goodies to take back to the students... even if they already think they know everything about logging - you will be amazed at how much actually goes back to forestry. If you need more info or would like to contact my friend with more questions I'd be happy to share her phone number with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment