La Mia Famiglia

La Mia Famiglia

Just a tad about me

My photo
God's child. Nick's wife. Roman, Dallon & Rocco's mommy. These are the things I would never change.

Popular Posts

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Menu Plan Sunday 10/11

Recap: The Chicken Enchiladas w/Refried beans topped w/cheese was really good! It's like a crock pot full of open chicken enchiladas. It would be great for a pot luck or football party, you could serve w/tortilla chips. It's a 'do again'.We postponed the Cincinnati Chili until it's cooler outside. I just can't bring myself to cook chili when it's close to 100 degrees outside. We got a little mixed up this week & never made it to our grilled ham slice. But we did do cheeseburgers Saturday night. The kids always love when we grill burgers. I buy the big box of frozen burgers at Sam's so we will always have them on hand.

I found a recipe in one of Mom's magazines (Family Circle) I want to try when we get our oven. But you don't have to wait on me! Here it is: Smoky Philly Cheesesteak Pizza

Doesn't that look good?! Let me know if any of you try it!!

This week:
Sunday: Nick's Spaghetti for lunch (I had leftover chicken enchiladas)
For dinner we're having grilled cheese again! Why? Because we love them & their quick-n-easy for a hectic Sunday night.


Monday: I usually don't 'cook' on Mondays because Nick's at school. But I overbought english muffins and don't want them to go bad. So we're making individual pizzas in the toaster oven tonight!! Th boys will be thrilled because they get to make their own. If you've never done this with your kids, it's easy & fun. Usually a big hit! These are the toppings we will be using on our Thomas 100 calorie English Muffins: Pizza sauce, Shredded Mozarella Cheese, & Sliced Pepperoni
I'll try to remember to take pics..

Tuesday: Grilled Chicken Salad w/all the fixings! I'll marinade 5 chicken breasts in Italian dressing, grill them then serve on Italian salad mix w/cheese, raisins, onions, tomatoes, cucumbers & homemade croutons, which I will make in my toaster oven, using leftover hamburger buns.

Wednesday: Undecided...Supposed to eat baked spaghetti at church but I refuse to live last Wednesday's experience (with my 3 children) over again. I really don't blame any of you for not wanting to sit with us. (Nick's at school so I have the boys on my own.)

Thursday: Ground Beed Tacos! This is one of our favorites!! Nick likes these double deckers:
Friday: Grilled Ham Slice, Mac-n-cheese, green beans, pears w/dollop of mayo shredded sharp cheddar & cherry on top!

Saturday: Leftovers because this is Girls Day Out!! I'll be meeting local friends at Cracker Barrel for breakfast then we'll be spending the day at The Southern Women's Show. I can't wait!!!

Sunday: I'm being optimistic about the weather..... Cincinnati Chili w/saladIf you have never had Cincinnati Chili you are missing out! What makes chili "Cincinnati style" is serving it on pasta, topped with cheese & raw onions. YUMMY! I don't have my chili recipe online so I provided this similar one I found, click on the Chili hyperlink. I'll be trying it too. If it's no good I'll post my ole' faithful chili recipe. This is a picture I found online but I usually use shells or ziti.

Happy Cooking!!

5 comments:

  1. good grief, the enchiladas look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were! The flour tortillas are layered underneath in the red sauce. YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so organized! :) I will be expecting for me and my kids to sit with you and your kids at Wednesday night dinner this week! Don't you dare stand us up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am serious! :) I love you too!

    ReplyDelete