La Mia Famiglia

La Mia Famiglia

Just a tad about me

My photo
God's child. Nick's wife. Roman, Dallon & Rocco's mommy. These are the things I would never change.

Popular Posts

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009 Thoughts & Things That Make You Go Hmmmm...

A year ago today seems like yesterday. But here are a few reflections that remind me it's not.

Rocco went from size 2T to 4T.

Roman still loves to snug buggle his mommy & have me walk him to class.

Dallon loves God's Word & knows more of it than I realize.

Nick's one semester in to his Master's degree.

Rocco has a whole other life that he talks about regularly. "When I was a big man_____" or "When I was a little boy_______" CRACKS US UP!

Gammy is on oxygen.

There is a whole slew of people from my past I have no recollection of. (Facebook)

I believe God knows who will be saved & who won't. After all, He is omniscient.

Some disagreements with friends can not be overcome. And this makes me very sad.

We are selfish and we have to consciously overcome that.

Crock Pot Lasagna is the best!

You can survive without an oven 4 1/2 months as long as you have a stove top, microwave, grill & crock pot.

Seaworld is no fun on cold wet days.

There are black bears in Orlando, Florida.

Church attendance is important if you're serious about your relationship with God. Not just attendance but service too. It's Biblical.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Thank you Lord)

Marriage is tough but rewarding all at the same time. Ditto for parenting.

St. John's Seafood has good fried mushrooms. Even if they are the canned ones..yum

A lot of women feel the same self conscious, paranoid thoughts of not fitting in that I feel.

There are friends waiting to be made.

Redbox will give you free codes if you ask for them.

HE Front loading washers & dryers are not all they're cracked up to be.

Not having a car payment feels really nice. And it even helps when I'm embarrassed to be driving a Lumina that looks like it was involved in a hit & run, because it was. Thank God for that Lumina.

My 5th grade teacher, Ms. Beckham, was right, I'm too sensitive.

Loved ones can be lost in an instant but worrying about that is sin. Knowing that God is in control is trust at it's best.

Six & Nine year olds can help with the laundry & scrubbing toilets.

Believers usually have two Spiritual gifts, sometimes more, never none. But it's not OK to write off being low in any of them.

There is a wealth of knowledge in the Godly, older women around me that isn't being utilized.

God wants us to pray boldly asking for what we want.

Spanx

Hamsters bite

Jellyfish stings can reactivate several days later and be a horrendous experience.

Quality hair products do make the difference.

Getting up a half hour earlier saves me from a lot of morning stress.

It's not my job to worry about what other people are doing but it is my job as a believer to encourage them in the right direction. Figuring out how to do the second part without the first part is the hard part. (I need to be encouraged to.)

Rocco likes to kiss me 'top & down' which means he starts with his mouth open & closes it just in time.

There are tons more that I'll think of as soon as I click 'Publish Post' but that's all I've got for now. Bring on 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment