La Mia Famiglia

La Mia Famiglia

Just a tad about me

My photo
God's child. Nick's wife. Roman, Dallon & Rocco's mommy. These are the things I would never change.

Popular Posts

Friday, June 26, 2009

Luther

Nick has been talking about this movie for the past two years. Our pastor refers to Martin Luther all the time. No, not Martin Luther King Jr., although he was a great man too. Here's a great website to see the similarities and differences in these two men of history.
http://www.pbs.org/empires/martinluther/who_said.html


Last night I finally watched this movie. My goodness... What a great movie! True story too folks! I had to apologize to Nick & Mom because I kept asking him to pause it so I could ask questions, or sometimes just rant about how much the church is still like this today. When our pastor (who is also my boss) called to check in today, he asked me how I liked the movie. I explained to him that while I absolutely loved it and agree with him & Nick that EVERYONE should see it, I walked away feeling very frustrated. I feel frustrated because I see a lot of the same twisting and omitting of Scripture in today's churches. I asked Nick & Bro. Wayne this question separately and they both gave the same answer, in almost the same words; Why don't we have more churches preaching the gospel in it's entirety? Their answer, it's not the popular thing to do, it won't fill churches, in fact it will usually clear churches. Let me pause here and say I am so thankful to have a 'Shepherd' that does preach the entire gospel, even when it's not the popular thing to do. God will bless him for that. It also reminds me that I need to be in prayer for our pastor and ask God to bring people to our church that want to hear His Word, without any omissions.

Our society has really twisted church and it's purpose. It's not about us, what we feel or what we want to get out of it.. It's about worshiping God, learning more about Him and serving Him. We should be looking for ways to serve him rather than looking for ways to get out of serving Him. Our serving Him doesn't save us but rather it is a result of our salvation. Paul explains this in Ephesians 2: 8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Here is a trailer. This is a movie that everyone should see.





No comments:

Post a Comment